Thursday 18 January 2018

Thank You Tetsu

I was really touched by the kind gesture of Tetsu, who is our account manager at the Shangri-La Hotel. When he heard the news that I will be leaving MC, he invited me and Jessica to his hotel for a farewell dinner.

He kindly arranged to dine at the Shang Palace though the standard has dropped during our last visit, he promised that this time it will not disappoint as they were recently awarded the Michelin star. Upon hearing that, I am eager to try out some of their signature or perhaps the award-winning dishes and hope that they are really up to that standard.

We left it to the restaurant manager to decide the dishes for us since we were not the perfect people to order and I told the manager that we wanted something simple. I would say that they did not disappoint at all, all the dishes that the manager ordered for us were fantastic. I simply enjoyed the cod fish… it was sooooooooooooooooooo Tasty! I would give them a 10/10. Next was the egg with lettuces, simple but yet yummy. The eggs with bean sprouts were equally mixed and you were able to taste the freshness of the egg even with lettuces. Thumps up!  
The rest of the dishes were black pepper beef cubes with spring onions, vegetables and the stirred fried bee hoon…. OMG… the black pepper beef is soooo heavenly and honestly, I couldn’t stop eating the addictive bee hoon though I was so full.

After such a sumptuous dinner, he brought us to the new bar for coffee. It was a drinking place in the night but we ordered coffee and desserts to share. The cakes we ordered were delicious too and I guess Shang has made a come back for their food.  
Thank you Tetsu for the wonderful evening and it’s not a farewell I hope. Lets keep in touch and will let you know when I visit Shang. 😊

No comments: