Tuesday 9 January 2018

Back At Chikuyotei

I clearly remembered my first visit to Chikuyotei was with my first boss Natori-san. He brought to lunch at Chikuyotei which was previously located at Mandarin Orchard and that was when I first fell in love with Ohyaku Don.

You must be wondering why in the world would I ordered such cheap staff or ordinary stuff at such a high end Japanese restaurant right! Well, I was so young then and this would be my first visit to such a classy Japanese restaurant and I wasn’t into raw fish then so, the only cooked stuff that I saw on the menu was Ohyaku-don.

Today, I am back to Chikuyotei but on a different venue. They have shifted to Hotel InterContinental and it was like dining in a private restaurant when we arrived. It was so quiet that we were the only ones there and it felt like the chefs and servers were listening to our conversation throughout our luncheon there.

This restaurant is well-known for their eel and well, I am not a EEL type of person but I am happy to visit this place again hoping to find that first love feeling. Mmmmh… I was wrong… now they only served eel, pork or beef… there is no connection to both and ma… the meu is really costly!

After browsing the menu, I decided to choose the pork cutlet which is not my type of food since it came closest to my once loved Ohyaku-don… it tasted not too bad but I think it’s quite oily and honestly, I was trying to DOWN it to my stomach and sipping tea after each mouthful.
I trust that the eel rice will be better and I guess I will return to try it when I am ready to accept EEL…

No comments: