Wednesday 10 January 2018

Last Minute Drink Invite

I received a message from Leng yesterday afternoon that James would like to invite me to a casual drink and I gladly accepted as how could I refused a nice gesture from him.

James, one of the best guys in the office whom I dun work closely with but knows that he is a great manager to work with. He has been in the company long enough to know me quite a bit though not as very well but I was filled with surprised when the invitation came from him.

It was a farewell drinks session with him and co-organized by Leng. We headed down to Bistro 1855 located at Suntec City after work and while waiting for the rest to arrive, I was given the time to browse and bought 2 bottles of good wines at a unbelievable price. Thumps up!

During the drinking session, we ordered many foods as usual and shared among us. At one point, I was worried that I might be drunk but it was Leng who was drunk… she met us after her usual workout and started drinking fiercely when she arrived. It didn’t take her too long to finish up the whole bottle of white wine which was placed near her.

It was a great drinking session with James and it was quite an opportunity for me to know him a little better before I leave the company. I was really surprised that we shared the same views and it was like a far end relative that came to visit. I really treasure friends like this and I am going to miss them very much. 
Thank you James for the wonderful session and I will keep myself available should you arrange another drinking session in future. 😊

No comments: