Friday 26 January 2018

Goodbye MC

This is IT! The day that I have been waiting for is finally here! I went to work this morning with some super mixed feelings and quite a heavy heart I would say. This would be the last time I will be squeezing the train and queuing up at Starbucks during the morning rush hours.

Entering the office trying to put on that smile when I greet my friends was very hard today and thinking that I will be doing my office work at my desk for the last time is equally unbearable. I told myself that I will try to keep my emotions to myself and I guess I did well for the morning. I took the last pictures with my EARLY BIRDS pals and deep down I know I am going to miss all this morning fun in the office with the bunch. I decided to take a picture with my boss before my mascara go wild later in the day and I bet he took the pix with me with a heavy heart too. 
The morning went by smoothly and I was doing my routine work as usual but getting some colleagues from other department coming to greet me once in a while. At one point, my tears were welling up but I tried my best to control it when I had a conversation with one of the colleague from overseas.

Headed down to Marina Square Wee Nam Kee for our lunch and I thought it will be good to give my best buds a treat since this is my last day as their colleague. I do believe that I will be in contact with them and guess I will visit them during luncheons after I leave. The lunch was great and it just didn’t feel the same. Sighz… 

The time in the afternoon would be the hardest last few hours for me in the office. My emotions overcame me as the clock ticked its seconds and I tried so hard to contain it so, I put full concentration to my work and cracking jokes with colleagues to calm myself down.

At about 5pm, I was asked by Agnes to the meeting room for the remaining documentations and that was when I signed my last signature on the MC letterhead stating that I have completed my returns of staff cards etc to the company and receiving my last paycheck. The emotions came so hard on me that I was actually fighting my tears and I guess I did well.
It was the time when I started packing my stuff and one colleague came over and shook hands with me… this time… I could not contain my emotions anymore and the tears were down pouring! Hugs from colleagues did not ease the pain in my heart and the sense of departing was hitting me hard like a stab in my heart.

My direct boss and Yoyo made it worse by presenting me a gift and man….the tears were just free-flowing like a waterfall. He even helped me with my personal stuff to the meeting room while I could calm myself down while waiting for the rest. This is considered the HARDEST moment in my life I guess besides accepting the truth of the death of my dad.

At dinner, I felt more relaxed as everything is over now. I am officially not a MC staff anymore and it’s time to celebrate. I am really thankful to Leng, Jessica, Yoyo, Jessie, Sam Sam, Daphne, Kat, Agnes, BB, Koko & ‘neighbour’ for all your love throughout my years in MC.
Thank you for the dinner too though it’s simple but it was you guys who made it unforgettable. I am going to miss you guys dearly, please take good care and love you peeps!

No comments: