Thursday 20 December 2012

Day 7 In Hong Kong

Our wonderful winter holiday in Hong Kong is almost coming to an end and we are certainly quite sad return home… Hubby & I agreed to make this last full day a fruitful and should be well spent one.
We set off early this morning to have our dim sum at Cheers Restaurant as it has become one of our favourite restaurants. The dim sums served in this restaurant are really delicious and varieties are wide. We were happy to know that they even have sets for dim sums. Fantastic!
Hubby ordered the usual but added the steamed pork knuckles to try as parents in law like the dish which is not available in SIN. I did not try that dish but father in law mentioned that it was really tasty and wished restaurants in SIN will serve in future.
After our delicious breakfast, we went to check out Sham Shui Po. This is one place where the elderly would enjoy visiting. There are many shops that sell second hand electronic stuff and you can see many street stalls that sell different stuff… from fishing gears to army bags. We took our time to stroll the street and their street market.
Parents got excited when we reached their street market. They checked out their vegetables and started commenting how fresh their vegetables were. Actually, they wanted to buy some lotus, pumpkins and cabbages back to SIN but we stopped them of course! They even checked the price at the fresh meat and fish stalls and found out how cheap they were compared to SIN. Finally, they bought some cherries and oranges as they said they were so cheap and looking so good. We couldn’t stop them as they said fruits can be kept and they want to share them with our family back home.
After combing Sham Shui Po, we went to Temple Street for lunch. We brought them to Mido Café which is one of the oldest café and the first to introduce ‘Kar Wai’. I remembered back to in 2009 when I was pregnant, we came here for our tea and I ordered their baked pork chop rice and ice milk tea which left me with a good memory.
This time, we are back again with our little Faith. We ordered their fried rice, sliced fish soup noodle, fried soya sauce noodle, pork rib soup noodle and their toast. I simply enjoyed their milk tea… it was so smooth and tasty… even Gong Cha or Koi no fight!
After a tiring afternoon, we went back to hotel to pack our stuff since we will be leaving tomorrow. I certainly had many packing to do and so does our parents. While packing, I realized that most of the stuff I bought was for Faith and family members back home while only a few pieces for myself… not too bad actually compared to the past where I bought tons of stuff for myself… Our parents prefers steamboat for dinner once again as they simply enjoyed the good and fresh food and we took the opportunity to celebrate ‘Dong Ji’. We are back at Cheers Restaurant again and this time, we ordered different dishes for our steamboat. We totally enjoyed the fried fish skin which used to be my favourite for steamboat in HKG. Their wantons, fish and squid were so fresh that they tasted sweet even without dipping into their sauce. Little Faith enjoyed the instant noodles we cooked from the pot as the soup base was delicious. Parents enjoyed their free flow of desserts too... from sesame cream to mango puddings. I will miss these foods when we return to SIN!
Back to hotel, I continued my packing and prepared to return to Singapore tomorrow morning. The thought of going home was not excited at all but I know that we will be back to HKG in the near future. I would say this trip was very relaxing and we had our own time to walk, shop and eat… wonderful fun for family!

No comments: