Saturday 1 December 2012

Day 2 – Part II

The kiddos had their beauty sleep and we too take some rest after a mad rush in the morning. In the late afternoon, we decided to bring the kiddos to the pool for a dip… in fact; Tabi was the one requesting to go to the pool…

The hotel pool is really nice but a small one. The kids had fun though all of them except Faith were in their swimming costumes. She was very happy and even tried to swim on her own (as usual). While hubby was hanging out with Faith, I was trying to get Shevaun down to the pool but she refused as she was really afraid.


She did not dare to get into the pool but felt safer to be around the pool bench. Both Genevieve & Nicholas were happily swimming alongside with me. About 1 hour before dinner, we chased the kids up to change so that we can leave for dinner.



Tonight, hubby arranged to have Satay steamboat. The one near Jonker Street is really famous and we heard from hotel staff that usually people wait for at least about 2 hours before they get their seats. We went to another popular joints suggested by the hotel guy and when we arrived, it was very crowded too.




We did not waited for long to get the seats but when I saw our table, I was shocked! The waiter told us that there are some more tables at the back of the restaurant and I did not think much about it and went forward. I was really shocked that our table was at the back of the kitchen and it was a back lane! I did not mind being given a back lane table but the condition of the place wasn’t that pleasing!

What made the dinner a nightmare was the pot of satay sauce… I saw them clearing the table and was expecting them to change the pot of sauce but to my disgust, they just simply cleaned the side of pot and to make things worst… they refilled the sauce!!!!




My mum & I witnessed it and we kept quiet… we know we can’t do much as it was too late to go to another venue and we just play along and had dinner. I tried to eat lesser and I asked for a pot of boiling water to clean my food instead.

This is indeed an eye-opening experience but I would not recommend anyone to try satay steamboat in Malacca. They are not the same as those served in Singapore where they have boiling pot to cook your food and given individual satay sauce.

No comments: