Sunday 11 January 2009

Visit To Villa Francis


This is one very meaning Sunday spent. This early morning, I accompanied hubby to attend mass at BSC and went to Villa Francis together with the SVDP people.

It was certainly a long ride from BSC to Villa Francis as it was located at Mandai. Though it was not my virgin visit to old folks home but somehow it has been a long time since I last visited. When we arrived, it gave me the impression of a Villa more than a home as it was surrounded by beautiful planted flowers and it was really clean and comfortable.


We were told to assemble at the canteen and I saw many old folks already there having their snacks. I heard from hubby that the SVDP arranged a magician for them and hopefully they would enjoy.

Well, the magician named Jimmy came on stage and did some ticks with the tennis balls and then with sticks and followed by other ticks like jugging eggs. His last segment was jugging 3 sticks with fire and it was nicely done. Though it wasn’t a fantastic performance but I was really glad to see the old folks enjoying themselves.







After the performance, it was sort of lunch time and I was really happy that I was able to serve them and even chatted with some of them. I was really happy that I could make them happy just by talking to them as I believed that some of them are really lonely as their family members do not visit them often. Sighz… how sad!!

After lunch, we distributed some goodie bags to them as they returned to their rooms and wards to rest.

Though it was a short visit but I simply enjoyed it. It was really a fruitful and meaningful day for me.

No comments: