Sunday 25 January 2009

CNY Reunion Dinner

I love reunion dinners as that would be the time when the family gathered together. It’s the time to catch up with each other’s lives and BONDING…





As usual, we will have our family reunion dinner at my aunt’s place and the spread was fantastic. Not only had we had our Yu Sheng as our first course, the spread for the steamboat was better than those buffet steamboats in Bugis Street!





This year’s, my aunt invited one of her church friend to join us as his family are in China and he is all alone. We welcomed him like our family members and bet that would be the first time he celebrated with friends instead of family.

When the soup started boiling, most of the raw dishes were poured into the pot and me, sitting there chatting with my cousins while waiting for our food to be ready. On the table, there were sea cucumbers, mushrooms, sukiyaki beef, shabu shabu pork, straw mushrooms, scallops, prawns, meat/fish balls, 4 types of different vegetables, fish maw, beancurds, eggs, sliced chicken etc…. man, I can’t even recall the rest of the dishes…

After dinner, we sat at the living and chatted about my family trip to China and showed them our albums. They were delighted to see the pictures taken and my cousins told us about their trip to Taiwan too. We talked about having another family trip together perhaps later this year which I believed it would be fun.

Now, I am looking forward to tomorrow so I can meet my other cousins whom I only meet once a year!

No comments: