Monday 26 January 2009

CNY Visiting

It’s the first day of Chinese New Year and there are many things that we can’t do today. No sweeping, no washing, no harsh words, no quarrels just to name a few. It’s really interesting to know and easy for someone like me to follow as I am not really into doing the household chores… hahahahahah... Anyway, it’s also a tradition for us to visit our relative today.

Yearly, we will visit my aunt’s place and have all my favorite dishes for lunch. I would say that it’s almost a yearly affair that my aunt, cousins and my family shared a meal together. In fact, I love it when the family gathered together for a simple meal…

Though I am considered the youngest in the family but since married, I have to prepare to give red packets too. (Can’t run away)… I guess in the Cantonese tradition, you will still be receiving red packets from the elders even-though you are married unless you have kids. (Hey… that’s the good thing!!)

The best thing about CNY is the opportunity to see all your relatives at one go. Meeting your cousins whom you don’t even know how old they are already!!! Yes, I was really shocked to see my cousins who had grown so much. They looked extremely different from the last few years when we met at my aunt’s place… man… time flies and age is catching up… I don’t mean myself la… but …. Nevermind…


Anyway, it was an enjoyable day today and I will look forward to tomorrow’s visiting…

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Sista, why your cantonese custom so good one har? My cantonese custom doesn't allow me to collect angpows anymore!!! But, I didn't give to the older cousins who are not married.Haha...So old already still wanna collect angpow...Not shy ah! :p

Vee said...

hahahaahah... dunno leh.. it's passed down de.. aiya.. i don't care la as long as i still can receive... kekekeke