Monday 13 October 2008

Japan, Here I Come….

I was given an opportunity to visit Japan on a business trip after working in this company for the longest time. I am really blessed with a great boss and good colleagues overseas who made this trip possible.

It’s indeed a virgin trip for everything on this trip. My 1st time to the new Changi Airport Terminal 3, taking the business class on A380 and to Tokyo! It was really amazing and I was really excited about the trip.

T3 is simply gorgeous, the design, the lightings and the decors, extremely stunning. Before I board the flight, I was able to experience the Kris Silver Club where First / Business Class passenger are allowed. It wasn’t great but then again, it was quite a nice place to rest and wait for your boarding time.


When I got onto the A380, I was really amazed by how big the plane was and the business class seats were simply unbelievable. The seats were big and it can be converted into a bed where you could really sleep on an overnight flight. Fantastic!


When I arrived in Tokyo for the 1st time, I was worried but somehow with the help of the local, I could find my way easily. Metropolitan Marunouchi Hotel is pretty new and though the room is small but it was really cozy. It was conveniently linked to Tokyo Station which is linked to almost everywhere.


Met up with my tour guide, Tetsuya for my 1st orientation day at the hotel and man… it was great seeing him again. It was a national holiday in Japan so he planned some nice places for me. He showed me the way to office and we went for lunch. I had ramen for my 1st meal in Japan and it was really good. The portion was huge but it was heavenly delicious.


We didn’t waste time and went straight to Senso-Ji Temple for sightseeing using the trains. It was nice taking the train to get the feel of it. When we arrived, it was really crowded but guessed it was holiday that’s why… we walked through the crowd and went straight to the temple. We did what the people did when we were on the ground of that temple.






We saw some people surrounding an incense bowl and they were trying to scope the smoke to themselves which later we learnt that it’s for good luck or some healing purpose… then we tried the cleansing procedure before entering the temple; get the water and washed our left, right hands and mouth. It’s tradition and supposed to be clean to enter the holy place.




We saw many people standing around and throwing 5 Yen into a metal ‘pool’. We did that too and after throwing the 5 Yen, you have to clap twice and start to wish for anything. Interesting yeah…




There were so many food and souvenirs stalls around the temple and we tried out the Ice-cream burger, man… it was nice especially on a hot day. There are many ice-cream flavors to choose from and as usual, I will pick Vanilla.





Our last stop was Shinjuku; it was huge and extremely crowded. It was like Causeway Bay in Hong Kong but more people and plenty of interesting shops. Before heading to the streets, we stopped by at Metropolitan Tower to get a free city view of Tokyo. It is government building and you can get one of the best views of Tokyo city from the 47th Floor. After a short coffee break with a breathtaking view, we decided to walk through the Shinjuku street and man… there were food stalls everywhere… cool stuff…one more thing to add… lots of HUNKS!!!









It was one cool 1st day in Japan and it’s just the beginning. I am looking forward to more exciting trips the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the guys are lucky to spend time with you. i am really jealous!!! Can I do that with you when you visit me?