Friday 17 October 2008

Goodbye Tokyo, Hello Singapore

I have finally come to the end of my business trip in Tokyo. This morning, I woke up early (as usual, didn’t really have much sleep last night) and did my final packing. Checked out of the hotel and took a slow walk to the train station to board the Narita Express.

I arrived earlier than expected and waited patiently for the train. It wasn’t crowded perhaps it was pretty early I guess. The train arrived promptly and I was seated near the baggage area which was really good as I had a huge luggie with me. An English man was really kind enough to help me with my luggage, really nice of him.

While I riding the train on the way to airport, I was already missing Tokyo. I recalled the places I have visited and the people I met; it was really quite an experience. With my MP3 was the best entertainment during my 56 minutes ride. I took quite a bit of pictures of other side of Tokyo while on the train and it was pretty good.







After checking-in, I did some last minute shopping at Narita Airport and man… there were so many things to buy… Yes, I bought some more cookies and souvenirs for family and friends. I enjoyed my shopping at the airport and I took a rest at the ANA lounge for the 1st time. It was nothing special but very quiet indeed; best place to rest.

Onboard the flight, I was enjoyed the movie ‘To Live & Die Hard’, it was fantastic. Not long after take off, passengers were approached to check their lunch preference. Man… it was really like fine dining in the air. Lunch was interesting, the table setting & the food were great.







The flight journey was about 7 hours and since I couldn’t sleep, I actually watched another movie but wasn’t really enjoying it though. To my surprise, I met Alan’s wife onboard. She was serving at the Business Class too but not the cabin I was in. We chatted for a while and she was really sweet. She even gave me a bag of goodies for my niece and nephew. Thanks so much.

Overall, I enjoyed onboard the A380 airbus and it was simply… A Great Way To FLY…

No comments: