Tuesday 10 January 2012

Lunch@Salt Grill

It’s been a long time since we had lunch with Minowa-san. Today, we are honored to have lunch with him at Salt Grill located at Ion Orchard.

This is somehow a celebration lunch for Rie who will be giving birth soon. We are very excited for her and in fact, I can’t wait to see her baby!

Salt Grill is a very cozy restaurant with a cool view! The restaurant housed a bar on a separate level and Minowa-san mentioned that it’s much more beautiful in the night. As for me, I thought the view in the day is better as we are able to see buildings compared to night view.





We ordered set lunch and as usual, we ordered different starters to try. I had the egg omelet stuff with crab meat… it was delicious though the taste was simple. Minowa-san’s had the foie gras and it was my first time trying in as pudding… simple heavenly! Besides the set lunch, Minowa-san also ordered french beans and the truffle mashed potato. That was really YUMMY!







I had beef as my main and it was nicely cooked. The meat was tender and juicy… it simply melt in my mouth and it was a perfect combination if you eat it with dijon mustard. The portion may appear small but it was indeed filling.

As for desserts, we had ice-creams and sobert. Minowa-san ordered the cheesecake which tasted very nice.



Thank you Minowa-san for the fantastic lunch and looking forward to more!r

No comments: