Monday 23 January 2012

1st Day Of Chinese New Year

Gong Xi Fa Cai everyone!

Early this morning, I woke up early to bake some muffins as desserts for our CNY lunch at my aunt’s place. I managed to bake them with my Air Fryer and it turned out to be pretty good.



We left our place earlier to pick up mum and this year, we were the first family to arrive at my cousin’s place. (Usually, we are the last!) I helped out my aunty to set up the table and made sure everything was in place while hubby was trying to keep little Faith entertained.







We started lunch when everyone arrived and the spread of good food is always prepared by my aunt and chipped in by my cousin in law. This year, she made steam chicken for us and my mum prepared the beef rendang which was requested by cousins.







After a great family luncheon, we lined up and greeted our parents and aunties with oranges. We too got the little ones involved coz’ we have to ‘pai nien’ as a family. The kids entertained themselves with oranges, CNY goodies and Bryan entertained them getting them to draw.







It is a yearly affair that we will take the opportunity to have a family picture taken and though it was difficult to get the kids to focus but we managed to get a good one after a couple of shots. We left for relatives visiting thereafter…

No comments: