Saturday 13 December 2008

Feel Like A Child Again

It’s been ages since I last visited Ocean Park Hong Kong. I believed the last time I visited was maybe about 9 years ago.



When we arrived that sunny morning, I was pretty excited about seeing the pandas again. I remembered viewing 2 cute pandas during my last visit and certainly would like to see them again.

I totally felt like a child all over again when I entered Ocean Park though I wasn’t the adventurous type who will try all the rides. Our first stop before hitting the cable car was to visit the Panda! Yippy… they are the most adorable animal ever created… when we were inside the fully air-conditioned room, we noticed that there were 4 pandas but were caged in separate area. We were really lucky to catch them at their feeding time… they were simply adorable, so fat, so round and so big! I would love to give them a BEAR hug if given a chance…





All of my family members looked forward to the cable car ride except me. I simply dislike riding on a cable car especially Ocean Park’s! Okay, I know the scenery is beautiful and it’s best for photo-taking but somehow for a person who is afraid of heights, it’s definitely no enjoyment. It was an 8 minutes ride I guess and indeed, the view was gorgeous. Anyway, I survived…





We went straight to play games the moment we arrived the other side of the park. There were rides like Viking, Roller Coaster, Ocean Park Viewing Tower, and Raging River etc… I went to try my luck playing the ‘Tikum Tikum’ … it seemed really easy to win as I was given 6 small beanbags to hit the 3 milk cans. Man… it harder than I thought. Anyway, no prize!




I particularly enjoyed the Dolphin show at the Ocean Theatre which last about 40 minutes. The mammals were cute and extremely smart. It wasn’t only a performance but there was a story behind the show. Very interesting indeed!!




After lunch, we walked through the Reef Aquarium. I was really happy to see huge string-rays and the cute sea turtle swimming so near us. There were other beautiful sea creatures and sharks too. To be honest, I preferred the one we visited in Australia, it was way better than Ocean Park.






We ended our fun day at Ocean Park around 4pm and went back to hotel to rest. It’s such a tiring day for all though not everyone took on those rides.

No comments: