Friday 5 December 2008

The Fascinating Beijing

I am someone who has very little history knowledge of China and this is my first time touching ground in Beijing.

On our second day in Beijing, we visited the Forbidden City; also known as the Imperial Palace (Gugong) which is the largest and best preserved collection of ancient buildings in China. Under the temperature of -7C, anyone would preferred to stay in instead but the moment I arrived at the gate of the Forbidden City, I was warmed by the wonderful view and excellent preserved ancient structures.


We walked through the palace but it will take at least 5 days 5 nights to tour the whole palace. Given such a short time, we visited the area of interest instead. We checked out the Emperor’s office, his room and his playground with his concubines. The palace is huge and each has its own beauty and a little history of it. Indeed, the place reminded me of those Kongfu movies we watched in the cinema. They were actually real and when my foot touched the ground, I totally felt a part of China too. It has such an interesting history and man… I was totally taken away.






The Emperor's Office
Emperor's Bedroom
Outside Tiananmen

After lunch, we went to the Summer Palace where it’s also China’s biggest and most well-preserved historical building. It served as the palace for the emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties. It was at this palace where 24 emperors of the Ming and Qing over a period of five hundred years ascended to the throne and ruled.




My personal favourite would be the Summer Palace as it was romantic, beautiful, awesome view and man… how would you like to have your own huge garden to play in! It’s totally unbelievable! The weather was so cold that most part of the river and streams were already frozen. That made the whole palace even more beautiful! I would say the Sunset is extremely beautiful especially with the added ancient flavour.





This is one tiring but fruitful day for me as I learnt a lot of China’s history which I thought was really interesting…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling, can see that the weather very cold over thre, but u enjoyed urself very much.. Another 4-5 more day, u r coming back le. Enjoy urself to the fullest. TK. Miss U..

Vee said...

thanks darling... i am having a great time here though it's freezing cold! i am missing you guyz too...