Saturday 6 December 2008

China’s Wonder

It’s has always been my dream to see all 7 wonders of the world and today, I have made it. We visited China’s Great Wall and it was indeed a WONDER!




When we arrived, I was totally taken away… the view of the great wall was amazing… the weather today was around 3 degree. Hubby and I decided to try to climb the wall since we are still young and the weather was cooling.



We noticed that the steps were uneven and some were really steep. As we climbed, it became harder to climb higher due to the steps and there weren’t any resting area, all were steps… till you climb to the top. The view was fantastic no matter where you were but I believed that the view will be best if you’re at the top. When I turned back, my legs turned jelly as it was really high… and I decided to stop and hubby continued to climb a few more flights of stairs…



By the time we got back to the starting line, I was actually sweating though the weather was 3 degree. I really admired those people who continue their journey up to the tower which was really high. Man… we managed to climb like less than a quarter and we were felt so tired.



After climbing the wall, we went to have steamboat lunch. Having steamboat was the best option as the weather was suitable. It was their local famous ‘shun yang rou’ steamboat where they served the best lamb meat. Indeed, their lamb meat was really thin and soft. It was extremely delicious but the soup was plain and tasteless.





Mmmh…. I still prefer our home style steamboat.

No comments: