Monday 18 February 2019

Mui Kee

I have heard about this Hong Kong Mui Kee porridge joint from friends and they have given it thumps up.

Brought mum to try out this porridge joint after her eye check up and there was a short queue when we arrived. This restaurant is located at the Shaw Center but along the Claymore Road opposite Pacific Plaza.

The shop is pretty small, similar to those you find in Hong Kong but cleaner. We waited for about 5 minutes for our table and we sat down to browse through the menu. Mum did not hesitate and ordered her sliced parrot fish porridge while I tried their Pork Innards. We ordered the sliced raw amberjack fish and peanut and sesame sauce chee cheong fun.

The shop was very crowded and there was also a queue outside. It must be good, I told myself. Our food was served shortly and the boss of the shop was really warm and friendly. Mum gave a huge smile after her first spoonful of the porridge and I too was loving the taste and texture of my pork innards porridge. 
I enjoyed the raw amberjack fish while mum did not like it raw but she loves their chee cheong fun. It was so soft, smooth and extremely TASTY! This is one good lunch place to go when you are in town. However, the price is not very cheap compared to the price in Hong Kong. I believe we are paying for their rent due to an expensive location but with good food in the house, it’s worth the wait and money to fulfill your crave for porridge. 😊

I will definitely be back again for more porridge. Woohoo!!!

No comments: