Friday 22 February 2019

Dinner With Yatomi-San

I was overjoyed when I received the email from Yoyo inviting me to have dinner with Yatomi-san! He is one of my favourite bosses whom I have worked with for 4 good years. I remembered seeing him for the first time in our office was such a joy as he loves to crack jokes in the office to lower our stress level which works for us most of the time.

During his tenure in SIN office, he saw and supported me through my pregnancy and very kind of him to arrange my favourite wines as a gift for me. Truly a great boss to work with and I have learnt a lot from him in terms of business. He was the one who gave me the opportunity to attend meetings with other gas companies in Singapore and coached and guided me to learn more about the gas industries in Singapore.

Today, I am really happy to meet him again for our fun night and it certainly brought back many good memories. He still looked as good as ever and always putting on that smile. His jokes are still weird and funny and it was such a great reunion tonight.
We had dinner hosted by Onishi-san & Tanaka-san at Golden Spoon, Yatomi-san’s favourite restaurant. The boss Alfred prepared Yatomi-san’s favourite dishes and also sponsored a bottle of pretty good red wine. We had so much fun chatting and catching up with each other with good food and wine on the table. 
Yatomi-san also announced to us that he will be retiring this month after recontract with MC for a few years and it’s time to go. 😊 I am feeling sorry for the company once again for loosing another talented individual who contributed so much to the company. 
He took this opportunity to visit SIN to bid his farewell as a MC staff to business partners and of course to see us. I was happy for him that he can finally rest and enjoy life with his family after working hard for so many years.
Yatomi-san, wishing you the very best for your retirement and hope to see you in Tokyo or Singapore again soon.

No comments: