Monday 4 February 2019

CNY Family Reunion Dinner

It’s the time of the year once again that we will welcome the lunar new year. As usual, my family will gather at our Gujie’s place to have our reunion dinner yearly and we are really glad that we kept this tradition.

In the past, Gujie, my late aunt and my mum will always be the one preparing the food, soup and sauces for us but now, we the next generation are the ones preparing everything that is needed for them. I always regard family gatherings, reunions or perhaps just a simple meet up are important for family bonding.

We, the younger generation always want to try out new dishes during the reunion dinner and this year, we added some new items like the fish paste prepared by my cousin in law, brussels sprouts, some different types of yong tau foo etc… My family loves steamboat and we never complain about the dishes but always welcome new items… ahahahahahaah


As usual, hubby and I will get our favourite yusheng from Chinatown though we queued for about 20 minutes for the yusheng, it is all worth it when the family enjoyed every bit of it. The kids enjoyed the “Lo Hei” as that would be the only time they get to toss food without getting yelled at.

After dinner, we gathered around in the living room chatting while the kiddos had their own fun in the room. Shortly after the clean-up, my cousins surprised me with the birthday cake and celebrated Florence’s and my birthday and the cake became our desserts and it was really delicious!

Thank you family for the wonderful arrangements!

No comments: