Sunday 20 December 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Kwok

The wedding dinner is something that I was looking forward to as it will be the time when I can see a more relaxed Rie!

When we arrived at St. Regis that evening, I was really happy to see most of my colleagues dressed up like a star… everyone was so beautiful… it just suit the gorgeous ballroom. I was really glad to see Miyazaki-san whom I used to work with and other Japanese bosses who dressed to kill! The ballroom was set up like a fairy tale where you see beautiful decorations on the stage and tables.











The dinner started promptly at 8pm and before welcoming the newly weds, I was really excited for Rie… she must be so nervous! When the door opened, and the lovely couple walked in, I was really almost in tears as I was so happy for them! Soon after the cake cutting ceremony, dinner was served.


Our first dish was the Three Treasure Combination… simply yummy. The braised Shark’s fin soup with dried scallop and bamboo pith was really nice too. The next dish was one of my favorite at all weddings… braised sliced abalone, sea cucumber and shimeiji mushroom with seasonal green but due to some appetite changed, I wasn’t able to taste the sweetness of neither the sea cucumber nor the abalone! It tasted bitter the moment it touches my tongue!



Before serving the other dishes, we stood for her 2nd march in… it came as a surprise coz’ the groom’s brothers came dancing in with guitars, keyboards and drums; following was the cute couple dressed in smart black! They were dancing in too with the happy music played and with that, most guests danced along!



The winner of the lot was Oven Fillet of Cod with honey mustard sauce accompanied with stir-fried scallop with XO sauce. Man, this is one fantastic dish I tell you! To be honest, I would love to have a second serving of that dish… As usual, there is always a rice or noodle to end the dinner before dessert. We had steamed seafood fried rice wrapped in lotus leaf accompanied with crispy roasted chicken with shredded egg… I love this dish too and hubby would love to have more!


We noticed that she was moving around to take pictures with her family but later did we know that they did not prepare to have table pictures for all. Having said that, we had our cameras ready and we snapped a couple of pictures with her quickly.












She once told me that she planned to change the dessert as she found the original dessert was rather boring. I was really happy that she did the changes as the Chilled Avocado Puree & Sago in coconut was absolutely awesome! Though I am not a great fan of coconut but man, this one you can’t give it a miss! I noticed that it was served with a small portion of her wedding cake which I thought it was pretty tasty. Rating for the food, simply FANTASTIC!




While waiting for the crowd to ease… Linda, Angela & I became bored and we entertained ourselves by taking silly pictures… hahaahahhaha… nothing new really!








Congratulations to Rie & Zhong Li on your wedding and hereby wishing you both a wonderful marriage life. We will be looking forward to see your little Kwoks…Cheers!

No comments: