Monday 28 December 2009

Day 2 In Hong Kong

I was actually in shock after checking my phone this morning as I received a SMS from my ‘darling’ Angela informing me about my buddy’s mum passing on… I couldn’t believe it and was not in the right state of mine.

We went for breakfast and initially had a hard time finding the porridge shop though we have been there many times. Guess both hubby & I weren’t concentrating on the routes that we were taking and overlooked the shop a couple of times. We were truly disturbed!

Anyway, finally after walking around the same area, we found the porridge shop. We ordered our usual porridge and my favorite fried noodles and soya bean drink. It was a very quick breakfast and we went to shop around at Tung Chung to relax our mind but unfortunately, did not manage to get anything.





In the evening after a couple of hours of rest at the hotel, we went out to shop around and decided to go for early dinner. We went to Mong Kok area for dinner as we enjoyed the claypot rice at that humble café. Hubby ordered his favorite chicken feet with pork rib rice and I had pork pancake rice. I couldn’t resist the fragrance from the claypot when it was served to our table but we had to wait for a few minutes to let the fragrance sink into the rice after adding some sauce.







It was simply heavenly and the pork was so tender and juicy! The rice was absolutely tasty on its own and though I was feeling full but I would love to try all other claypot rice with different ingredients… awesome!

After dinner on our way back to hotel, we dropped by at the Australian Milk to have my favorite steam milk as our dessert… (mmmh… craving more likely!!!) I was really satisfied after the steam milk though I would like to have second servings… nay… perhaps tomorrow…



Our deepest & heartfelt condolences going to my buddy Linda and her family!

No comments: