Wednesday 23 December 2009

Christmas Luncheon

Before the year comes to an end, Minowa-san invited Linda & I for Christmas luncheon at Osvaldo Ristorante Italiano located at Maxwell Chambers (formerly known as White House Building at Tanjong Pagar). According to Minowa-san, he told us that this restaurant is rather new and it is always crowded every time he passed by.

We decided to give it a try. We learnt that it serves traditional North Italian cuisine and the restaurant is decorated with a touch of homely setting. I kind of like the cozy and warm feeling the moment I stepped in. Minowa-san ordered the dishes recommended by the waiter and we were surprised to find most of the patrons’ locals.

Key Royal is a special drink which has a mixture of cranberry and champagne. It was my first time trying the drink and I love it though I wasn’t supposed to have too much alcohol… Our appetizer was Parma Ham with cheese; the cheese tasted slightly different from the other cheese I had before, this was smooth, light and delicious! Their salad was nice too (Sorry, I was too busy having the Parma Ham & I totally forgotten about taking picture of the salad! Ooooppppsss!!!!)



For main course, we had the pasta with butter sauce (mmmh… very rare) accompanied with shaved white mushrooms! When it was served, I was very surprised to find how plain this pasta looked and it was very flattering. The moment I tasted the pasta, I was actually stunned! It actually tasted pretty awesome; the taste of the butter was light but yet fragrance! Amazing indeed!

As for desserts, Minowa-san ordered Lime sorbet & chocolate ice-cream, Linda had Orange sorbet and I took the vanilla ice-cream. Chef Osvaldo (owner of course) came over to our table to greet us and he kindly brought over a special dessert as his treat for us. It appeared to be like a chocolate cake and we started guessing what it was… finally, it was a chocolate ice-cream coated with coco powder. I wouldn’t say it was fantastic but it was definitely tasty.





Thank you Minowa-san for the wonderful Christmas lunch and hereby wishing you a very Merry Christmas and may you have great New Year ahead! Cheers!

No comments: