Saturday 19 December 2009

Dinner & Dance 2009

Time flies… it’s another year of D&D! This year, I was part of the committee and our theme was MCTV. Please do not ask me what that meant! Being a committee member, I wasn’t sure what to wear for this theme.

Anyway, the long and tedious preparation is finally over as we presented it to everyone tonight. I arrived about five plus in the afternoon and saw everyone was getting ready for the night; some were preparing the sound systems and some were testing out the lights. Jessie & me checked on the gifts and prepare them on the table given.

When guest arrived at around 6pm, cocktail events started and all were enjoying themselves by having their hair sprayed in different colors. As usual, dinner was served right after GM’s speech and long service awards presentations.









To be honest, I was kind of bored by the program but I thoroughly enjoyed the performance by Mr. Matsuda & my fellow colleagues. Mr. Matsuda sang and colleagues were his dancers. Their dance steps were simple but really cute; it was totally fun to watch. Mr. Matsuda was really a sweetie… he prepared a song especially for Mummy Florence as this will be her last D&D as a staff of MC. He sang really well and I was pretty impressed.




I would say the worst performance was by our GM! Okay, no offence but it was really out of this universe! They were supposed to do a Hip Hop dance routine but it turned out to be a normal dance with no Hip Hop movements and I was totally disgusted by the sight when he actually put in some salsa moves!!!! OMG!!!! Though it was a two minutes dance but it was really painful to watch!






We called it a night right after the grand lucky draw and it was an enjoyable night with friends & colleagues. I would say that our committee done a great job especially with some ridiculous request from managements…

No comments: