Tuesday 29 December 2009

Day 3 In Hong Kong

This morning, the temperature was about 14 degree and the weather man said that there will be rain in the afternoon. When I stepped out of the hotel, I wasn’t feeling the chill but I did enjoy the cool morning walk to the train station without feeling breathless.

We visited our favorite traditional dim sum restaurant located at Central and we were praying hard that it would not be crowded. Hey, my prayers were answered man! When we arrived, though it was almost full housed but we managed to share the table with some elderly. In Hong Kong, it’s really difficult to get a private table on your own!


Once we settled ourselves down with a sip of their ‘Pu Er’ tea, hubby went to get the food from the lady with the push cart filled with dim sums. There was a crowd whenever the push cart left the kitchen. Hubby managed to get a few dishes at a time just to fill my empty stomach. Finally after many attempts, he managed to get my favorite steam pig liver & pork. That dish was one of the reasons why I visited that restaurant even-though I have to fight for seats and share the table.






After our delicious and satisfying breakfast or brunch, we went shopping at H&M where I actually went MAD! The clothes were cheap and nice. I went to check out the children and maternity department and simply gone crazy! The maternity jeans I bought were really cheap, they only cost me like SD 20 per jeans and the kids clothes were such a great bargain! Anyway, I couldn’t resist and bought a couple at the end of the spree.

Initially, we planned to catch a movie but I was feeling a little tired after the mad shopping at H&M so, we decided to return to hotel to rest and at the same time… check out my damages. In fact, my damages were that bad so, I guess I will be back to H&M!!!!

Hubby told me that dinner will be quite a walk tonight and I did not mind at all as I already knew where we were going. For good food, I am willing to walk a mile!!! Okay, I know I sounded greedy but that’s me mah!

We arrived at Time Square as our short shopping stop before heading to dinner. I was really happy to know that Marks & Spencer was having sales up to 70% but was disappointed when I looked around the store as most of the clothes sizes were like size 14 and above!

When we arrived at ‘Keung Kee’, it was not crowded and we managed to get a ‘Kar Wai’ at the corner where we could have our privacy. Hubby ordered his favorite goose rice while I had the char siew rice and we added a plate of vegetables & soup. The food at the restaurant was simple but damn delicious. You can visit this place to get delicious goose at a more reasonable price than the one at Central.




1 comment:

Ms Tham said...

Alamak! Roasted pork and goose! I am hungry... Arggh...