Thursday 27 June 2019

See You Soon Again London

After a 12 days FUNTASTIC in London, UK, we are finally going home. It is totally a mixed feeling definitely as we had so much fun with the Ng’s family and it’s just too hard to part. 😊

When our cabby arrived, we bid our goodbyes and wished them well for their adventures to Scotland while we set off to the airport. I wished our holidays would be longer as I am enjoying the cool weather in London and thinking that I will be sweating when I return home… it’s quite sad.
Heathrow, known as the second busiest airport in the world by international travelers. It was indeed crowded but manageable. We checked with the information counter where we can have our checked in done as we were upgrade to the Premium Economy. Hippy!!! So happy to have receive the email from SQ 2 days ago informing us that our family was selected for the upgrade.

We went to the Business Class counter for the check in and it was such a breeze. The counter staff was so nice that she managed to put us all together as I couldn’t book the seats for all of us being together online previously. 
I was happy that the immigration didn’t take too long and we had more time to walk around the airport and even take our brunch before boarding. We chanced upon this Ca’puccino Italian café and decided to have our brunch there. We ordered the poached eggs for Lady Faith, porridge for hubby and I shared my English Breakfast with little pumpkin. Hubby and I enjoyed their coffee very much and it was really goooooooooooooooood!!! As for their food, we waited quite a while and after several reminders, our food was served. Tasty but not fantastic!
We were all excited to check out our premium economy seats as this is quite a rare chance for us to be chosen for the upgrade. We had priority for boarding and the seats were bigger and I just love the leg room. There were so many compartments for passengers to put their personal items like phones, books, drinks and even a leg rest when you decline your seats. It was indeed very comfortable! 
Our girls were extremely happy with the seats as they were given headphones and not the normal headpiece. It was better sound quality and fit nicely on little pumpkin. As for the food, it was pretty good compared to the economy class while we were able to choose premium grade food like beef steak, Pad Thai etc… The girls had their scrambled eggs with chives and sausages, chicken rice etc… taste is slightly better of course but they are still plane food! 
I would say that this returning flight to SIN was more comfortable for me as I managed to sleep for at least 2 hours and I had about more than 10 cups of baileys… hahahaahah…. Worth the upgrade totally! 

No comments: