Monday 24 June 2019

What A DAY!

We were very excited about the itinerary for today and we set off to the pick up location for our day tour. It was really unfortunate that we were unable to get off at the train station due to a fire alarm and we hurried alight at the next station.

We ran as fast as we could towards Victoria Station and we asked around for direction as we ran. By the time we arrived at the pick up point which was quite hidden, we realized that our tour bus was gone. I called the tour company told them our incident and they were so kind to reschedule us to another day and was thankful that it was a day before we depart London.

We were almost at lost and we quickly had a change of plans. We decided to switch the itinerary and set off to Buckingham Palace instead as it was walking distance from where we were. As we walked, we found ourselves at the gates of Hyde Park and we continued to walk towards Buckingham Palace which was actually a pretty long distance. 
The weather was cooling and we weren’t complaining to walk such a long distance to the Palace and it was quite a nice walk as we passed the gardens along the way. We finally arrived at the famous Buckingham Palace and it was quite crowded. I wasn’t surprise as it’s always crowded as this is one of the most visited places in London for tourists. 

We set off for Piccadilly and ended up at Regent Street. We decided to take a break and have our brunch at Café Concerto, an Italian coffee shop. We placed our orders for our food and at one point, we were all puzzled with the remarks we received from the waiter. I ordered the egg mayo sandwich for Lady Faith and I was asking the waiter if they can have the cheese removed cheese removed or separated from the mayo. Then what came from the waiter was an epic response… here it goes… “Madam, we cannot remove anything from the sandwich as they are already contaminated”. All of us were looking confused at each other and he repeated ‘sorry, cannot remove as all CONTAMINATED’! I replied to him it was alright and got him to proceed with the order! We all burst out into laughter the moment he was out of our sight. What a word to use!!!! CONTAMINATED!!!! LAUGH ME DIE!!!
We continued walking down the streets of London and ended up doing some shopping. The kids and the guys were not interested in shopping so they ended up chilling at the café while Stella and I continued our shopping. We walked from Regent Street to Oxford Street to get our shopping done and finally got the guys to meet us there. We then continued our journey to Harrods as our last stop to get some food back for our dinner.

 
At Harrods, we walked straight to their Food Hall and it was huge but not what we expected. It was more like a supermarket, a café, bakery and souvenirs area in a whole. We browsed through the food and tried to find something to pack home. As little Emma was feeling a little hungry, Stella and I brought her along to get some snacks for the kids. 
We walked to the bakery section and managed to get some brownies and donuts for the kids. While little Emma was still checking out the donuts, I told her to stay put while I go pick up some pastries for breakfast tomorrow. The distance was only 3 steps away from her and my heart sank to the bottom of hell when I turned and found little Emma missing! At that moment, I could not breathe and my body turned COLD. Stella ran towards the nearest exit to search while I ran around the whole area yelling her name in English and Cantonese hoping to hear her response but failed.

I ran by the café which was just in the center of the section yelling out her name and an English lady was about to sip on her tea got a shock and put her tea down and started looking around her area for whatever I was searching. I was in total chaos and yelled till I got to the side entrance nearing to the supermarket side and that was when I bumped into Stella. She told me that little Emma is back to her pram and safe. After hearing that, I could finally hear my heart pounding so fast and loudly and I ran back to her and gave her a big hug. The stern scolding came after the hug of course! I have never been so frantic before and I wouldn’t want to experience this ever again!

When asked about her disappearance, she simply told us that she wanted to return to her pram but I guess she was worried when she couldn’t see us as she was tiny and many people were walking around the bakery. Anyhow, I was so thankful that she is fine or my life will never be the same anymore.

We decided to head back to our apartment after this horrible episode and while I was still trying to calm myself down, the guys went to do the marketing instead. Chef Mike did it again with his magic and whipped up another sumptuous meal for us. Though it was super delicious, my heart was still racing when I recalled the incident.
During bedtime, I spoke to little Emma about the incident again and she confessed that she was actually very scared too but at the same time happy to manage her way back to find her dad. I sternly told her NEVER walk away from me ever again! She nodded and sobbed saying that she will never ever do that again. Phew!!!!

Thank you God for your protection always and I am truly grateful that you have sent your guardian angels to be with us today so that we were able to have little Emma back at our side. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: