Thursday 20 December 2018

Hello Hong Kong!

We have arrived in Hong Kong after a short flight from Osaka. We did not waste any time and got our luggage and off to our hotel we went. After a quick check-in, we unpacked some of our stuff and rested for a short while before we shot out to the streets to hunt for our favourite snacks.

Our first stop was to the laundry as we would like to clear as much laundry as we can before returning to SIN to avoid overloaded washings. We passed by some of our favourite snacks and we did not hesitate to buy them. The kids love the ‘zhu chong fun’ as much as we do and one packet of that is never enough for share among our family of four. 
As it was still early for dinner, we continued to walk around Mongkok area and chanced upon a shop selling pastries. The smell of the freshly baked egg tarts just lured me into the shop and bought a few just to satisfy my craving. It was delicious but I still prefer the egg tarts from St. Honore Cake Shop.  

When late evening arrived, we decided to head down to our favourite restaurant Tao Heung for our steamboat. I remembered those were the days when hubby and I visited Hong Kong almost twice yearly and we had steamboat twice on each of our trips. We love their varieties of steamboat dishes and the price is truly reasonable. Thumps up for the service and food always!
After dinner, we took a stroll to the ladies’ street to walk around and eventually bought many intentioned stuff… hahahahahah… we also chanced upon a milk tea joint where a long queue was formed. I did not hesitate and went to join the queue. I seriously made the right choice… the milk tea was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo DELICIOUS!!!! It wasn’t too sweet and the milk was so tasty and smooth. Simply LOVE IT! I am hoping that they will come to SIN some day! Before taking the train back to our hotel, we stopped by to get my MUST-HAVE steamed milk for my supper. 😊 YES… my supper or perhaps desserts would sound a little better… hahaahahah who cares! 

No comments: