Monday 17 December 2018

Universal Studio Japan

I have heard so much about it before we decided to visit Osaka and here, we are today, travelling to Universal Studio Japan.

It was quite a distance from our hotel and we had to figure out how to get on to the right train so that we can be on the right track to USJ. The weather today was really cold at 8 degree with very strong wind and having to spend almost the whole day in the outdoor may not be the best but it was definitely better than hot weather.

When we arrived at USJ after a 45 minutes train ride from the city, the kids were excited already! There were shops along the path to USJ and it wasn’t as crowded as what we were expecting. Thank God for that.
With no time wasting, we went to queue up for some rides and our first ride was the Snoopy Ride and it took us about 10 minutes of queuing time. After the ride, we were lucky to catch Snoopy and friends around the area and happy to get a picture taken too. We continued to comb the kid’s area and little pumpkin was excited to take on the race on Sesame Street. She was not sure how to manage the car but the staff was nice to assist her. She had a great time banging onto other kids and managed to move the car for a very short distance. Hahaahahahahahaahha
We continued our adventure to the center area where all the thrill rides and they do have some heart friendly rides too…. Hahahaha… that’s for me. We flew passed the queue for the Jaws ride as we bought Express Passes and that seriously saved us loads of time queuing. The Jaws boat ride was fantastic for us except for Lady Faith who was scared to tears! I kept telling her that the Jaws was fake and it’s only a toy but she just can’t handle the scare while little pumpkin kept commanding us to shoot the shark each time it surfaced! Hahahahaahah

As there was a height limitation for little pumpkin, Lady Faith took the Jurassic Park ride with her dad and I was told it was amazing! We stopped over at a cafĂ© nearby to have pizza for luncheon. Food was not too bad but wasn’t the best actually… the weather was so cold that our pizza turned cold after a very short while as we were seated outdoor. 
After lunch, I took the Spiderman ride with Lady Faith as once again, little pumpkin was not allowed for the ride. I felt so bad for her but she seemed happy to hang out with daddy with pocky in her hands. The Spiderman ride was not as exciting for it reminded me of the Transformer ride in USS which was a 3 or 4D effect and you only felt the movement and it was quite boring infact.

For us, the most interesting area would be the Harry Potter village. It was so beautifully built and I felt so REAL! Lady Faith and little pumpkin were thrilled by the buildings and they kept telling us that there were magic everywhere! We walked through the village and checked out the shops and man… they were simply amazing! 
We headed straight for the ride but again, little pumpkin was too short to enter. Lady Faith was lucky enough to take the ride twice – once with dad and the other with me. I wasn’t prepared for the ride and thought it should be pleasant. To my horror…. I found myself screaming after 2 minutes of the ride till the end! I am afraid of heights and this ride though was no rollercoaster but it was 3D with a different grade! The pictures and movement were so REAL that I thought I was flying and man… my heart couldn’t contain that kind of ride! Lady Faith on the other hand was enjoying herself and kept checking me out each time I screamed! Geezzzz…. I am glad I am still alive after the ride!
Need to take a breather and I bought the butterbeer to try since that was one of the highlights in the village besides the wand shop. The butterbeer tasted really nice, it was probably rootbeer with butter foam and it was pretty delicious till the kids enjoyed it too. 
Our last stop was the game stall area for the kids once again and though it was not easy to win but it was the spirit that counts. Lady Faith was so close to winning another prize for her little sister but did not managed.

The sky was turning dark and on our way to the exit, we managed to catch the Sesame Street performance and our little pumpkin was so happy that she ran to take the front seat. She was jumping and dancing along with Elmo and friends as they sang & dance (though in Japanese). 
It was indeed a wonderful day at the USJ and I would say this is definitely a better adventure than the one back home. So guys, if you are visiting Osaka, please spend a day at USJ.

No comments: