Thursday 13 December 2018

Osaka, Here We Come!!

Konichiwa Osaka! We are finally here after a long flight transiting at Hong Kong. It was indeed a very tiring fight since 2am this morning and we finally arrived at Kansai Airport safely from Hongkong this afternoon.

The weather was so cold that we can’t wait to get into the car which we arranged. Little pumpkin was extremely happy with the cold weather though she kept telling me, “mama, very cccccooooollllldddd’ with a cheeky smile on her face and she did not reject when I asked her to pose for a picture. 😊
After checking in to our hotel, we freshened up ourselves and headed out to explore the neighbourhood. Our hotel is such a great location where it is just located beside Takashimaya Department stall and walking distance to Dontombori and the Black Market.

We decided to check out the famous food street of Dontombori which was about 5-8 mins slow walk and when we arrived, it was very crowded but super interesting to see so many restaurants and street stalls around.
Without hesitation, I queued up for the Takoyaki (octopus ball) which is one of Osaka’s signature street food. I queued up for about 10 minutes to get my set of takoyaki with yakisoba. It was really delicious and definitely tasted better than those I tried in Singapore. THUMPS UP!!!! The kiddos who has no idea what this food is about loved it too and yes, they finished up everything while hubby and I only had a biteful of each.
There were so many different restaurants serving different types of food but they were so crowded and had to queue for at least about 45 minutes to get our seat. Since we were very tired after day, we decided to check out the restaurants near our hotel.

We checked out restaurants in Takashimaya Departmental Store and decided to dine at Mimiu Honten since they had the shortest queue. Browsed through their menu and Lady Faith was so happy that they served tempura and yes, she had that for dinner. Hubby and I shared the shabu shabu set and it was pretty good.
When we returned to our hotel, it marked the 21 hours of being awake! Yes, we were clearly short of sleep and you can imagine how tired we were… the kids only managed to sleep a couple of hours onboard the flight while I only managed to take a short nap of 20 minutes. Geeezzzz….. surprised that I was able to keep awake for 21 hours!!!

I shall take my rest now and hope I will regain all my energy for tomorrow. 😊

No comments: