Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Eve Family Gathering

Christmas is one my favorite seasons and we were happy to have the family gathering at our place. I headed out to get my marketing done this morning and started to bake.

I was in the kitchen literally the whole day and I was really happy with myself that I managed to whip up a spread for the family. With mum’s help for the cutting and chopping, the dishes came out to be pretty good.

I prepared baked chicken, baked asparagus wrapped with bacon, baked salmon with herbs and lemon, sautéed mushrooms and onions, mushroom soup, salad and the Santa Clause brownies and vanilla Oreo cupcakes with lemon cream cheese. I also bought ham & cheese selections while hubby bought pizza and pasta. 

When the family arrived in the evening, I was almost done with the cooking and was really happy that some of the dishes were served warmed. After the prayer by my mother in law, the party began. I was glad that everyone enjoyed the food that we prepared and the kids were digging too.
Maggie also baked a Christmas cake for the family and the kids sang a birthday song Jesus. It was so sweet to watch them and happy to know that they were aware what Christmas meant to them.
After the dinner, the elders had a game of mahjong with my sister in law and my niece. It was really fun to watch them and it was my time to take some rest. The kids were playing hide and seek with my nephew and they had a great time bonding together while Maggie (younger sis in law) and I had a wonderful time chatting.

Thank you Lord for the wonderful time we spent together as a family on this beautiful Christmas Eve. May you continue to bless our family with happiness and good health.

No comments: