Sunday 28 February 2016

My Little Pony Friendship Run

I have often seen my friends joining Big Walk, Standard Chartered Run, Sundown Run etc… on FB and I am happy that I am joining My Little Pony Friendship Run with my daughter for the first time.

Though I was down with fever during the same week but I wouldn’t want to miss this wonderful opportunity to bond with my little lady. She was feeling so excited that she woke up pretty early this morning and got herself prepared to run. She even hurried us so that we can arrive at the venue on time for the race.

When we arrived at Sentosa where the race is held, it was really overcrowded with the early crowds but we were lucky that we managed to park our car at the nearest carpark. As there is no registration necessary on that day, we were free to join the activities at their booth while waiting for our race.
Faith was happy to get a seat at the activity booth to do some drawing and coloring while I waited for her at the side. After she was done, we walked about snapping pictures with the pony standees which were placed on the field. We were surprised that we bumped into her classmate who also signed up for the run.
When our race time was called, we stood by and waited for the key to start. It was totally overcrowded and was rather difficult to run… therefore, we started walking for the first part and started running when we had the chance.

Little lady was really happy when she got to run a bit as she mentioned to me that it was supposed to be a Run and not Walk! I was really surprised that she is quite a runner… hahaahahah… though complaint that her leg felt painful after a short distance. We managed to finish the 1 km race in about 13 minutes plus and I am really proud of her.

As we crossed the finishing line, we queued up to receive our water and medals. She was overjoyed to receive the medals as she felt the sense of achievement. This would be our very first medals achieved together and I do hope there will be more opportunities to join different activities.

No comments: