Monday 8 February 2016

Happy New Year!

Today, being the first day of CNY, it is a tradition to greet our parents first thing in the morning and received ang paos. J I woke up slightly late today as I tried to stay up last night as Chinese believed that the later you goes to bed on the New Year’s Eve for the longevity of your parents.

Yearly, we will visit my cousin’s place for lunch and this would be the second time that my elder cousin BG prepared the dishes all by her while my mum chipped in the vegetarian and the mango pudding prepared be me. J
After a year of practice and learning, her culinary skills improved tremendously indeed and she even came up with some interesting yet very CNY dish like the winter melon stuffed with treasures… J Thumps Up!
After a sumptuous luncheon, we walked over to our elder aunt’s place that lived just a street away from my cousin. This year, there were no crowd at their place as they informed their relatives not to visit due to the recovery stage of my uncle who suffered stroke couple months’ ago. However, we were welcomed by them and we were happy to see our younger cousins as we only meet once a year.
Being a busy first day, we left to visit hubby’s relatives’ place where everyone gathered for this joyous occasion. When we arrived, together with my own family, we went to the host of the house and parents in law to ‘pai nien’. This is tradition and I want our children to carry on this tradition by doing it with them. J

I was really excited to Lo Hei as this is one of my favourite Yusheng. It is homemade by hubby’s aunt who does it so professionally. Everyone gathered at the table and started to toss with many good wishes for the Year of Monkey.
Gong Xi Fai Cai!

No comments: