Sunday 7 February 2016

CNY Family Reunion Dinner

CNY is one of the most important festival or season for Chinese as we celebrate our New Year. Reunion Dinner is another must do for family in Chinese Culture or at least for my family. J

Yearly, we held our family reunion dinner at my aunt’s place where all cousins will gather for this exciting steamboat dinner. As our aunt is aging so, the young generation prepares the indigents and dishes for the dinner instead of the elderly.

As usual, we started off the reunion dinner with Lo Hei hopefully to toss for good fortune, good health and wishing a smooth year ahead for everyone. The kids tossed along with us too as that’s the time they won’t get a scolding if they messed up the table…
Steamboat dinner has always been exciting for me as I am a great fan of steamboat dinner. We bought many different types of raw food to cook such as fresh fish paste, wagyu beef, prawns, fish balls/meat/sotong balls, vegetables, scallops, shrimp dumplings, mushrooms etc… I simply enjoyed conversation with family members over steamboat dinner as we can cook and chat at the same time. J

After dinner, I received a surprise birthday celebration from my lovely cousins. They bought me a tasty cheesecake for the celebration and I was really caught by surprise. J
Thank you, cousins for the thoughtful celebration. J

No comments: