Thursday 25 February 2016

My Happy But Unwell Emma

After the busy CNY weekend, my little baby Emma finally fell sick. I trust that it could be due to the visitations and the hot weather that caused her to develop high fever.

Her fever started off on Sunday afternoon with a high of 38 degree and we fed her with her fever meds but the stubborn fever did not subside. On Monday night, it rose up to 39.3 degree and she woke up crying feeling uncomfortable.

Tried to cool her down with the cool pad and meds, she went back to sleep. Mum monitored her condition during the day and told us that her fever did not subside. On Tuesday night, we decided to bring her to Mount A for a second opinion since her fever shot up to 39.9 degree! I was in panic but remained calm of course.

We were thankful that after the visit to Mount A, her fever finally came down to a decent 38.6 degree. We monitor her condition and though she was feeling feverish in the day, she was still somehow active.

As for me, my body could not take it anymore and I broke down too. I was down with fever though wasn’t that high but I wasn’t feeling good… (you know what I mean…!!)

I was home, sick but relieved to see baby Emma recovering from her fever that was lingering for the last few days. She was entertaining herself with the toys though she has not fully recovered. I was happy to see her smiling and running around despite running on slight fever.
Sighz… it is truly a nightmare when your baby is sick! I am sure all mothers would not want that happen to their child and would prefer the suffering party is us instead…

I thank God for the speedy recovery of Emma’s stubborn fever and may the Lord continues to watch and protect her always. Amen!

No comments: