Monday 11 January 2021

Week 2 Of School

How time flies!!! Little pumpkin survived the first week of school though she has some unhappy moments. Last week, it was her first time attending Primary school and it was unfortunate that she experienced ‘bully’ on her second day of school.


She came home telling me that she was dragged by the leg around the hall by one of her new friends. She mentioned that her friend asked me if she wanted to play but her replied was ‘No’. In a split second, her friend dragged her by the leg and ran around the hall. Our poor pumpkin’s school came off as she dragged her too fast, and she was not able to react but kept asking her to stop. I also noticed that there was a bump on her forehead and found out the incident. 

Anyway, I did not report to the teachers as I thought it might be just being playful and it is just the second day of school. The child might have a different way of expressing herself and wanting to have someone to play with. I told pumpkin to be nice to her despite the unfortunate incident and try to get to know her better; after all, that child is her classmate. 


As she prepared for school this morning, she had a sense of anxiety of being bullied again. She told me that she was afraid to go to school and face her friend but after some encouragements and assurance, she calmed down.

 

Little pumpkin, remember to enjoy yourself at school though you experienced some unhappy incidents and I am sure things will gets better as you find your belonging. 😊

No comments: