Monday 4 January 2021

The Next Chapter

It is a brand-New Year as well as a new chapter for little pumpkin. I cannot believe that our little joyful baby girl Emma is PRIMARY ONE!!!! WTF!!!! Honestly, I am still in denial that my elder one is turning ELEVEN this year and I just cannot believe that the little cute baby I carried in my arms has suddenly sprung up so fast!

 

Being the first day of school for little Emma, she was requested to be in school for only 3 hours due to the restricted measures for Covid. Only 1 parent is allowed to follow, and I am happy that I can accompany and observe her on her first day. We sent baby girl to school while her elder sister stayed home. As I walked her into the school, my heart was heavy but excited for her.

After bringing her to the hall and got her in line by her class, I found myself standing there filled with loads of emotions and it felt like my little pumpkin has suddenly grown up. She sat on the floor waiting for the teacher to bring them to their classrooms and she spotted me amongst the parents and smiled at me.


While the kids are brought to respective classrooms, the parents are led to the upper primary classrooms for a briefing. This is something like an orientation for the P1s. but just a different way from the past. After the briefing, we were invited to the canteen to check out our daughters during their recess. I was able to see little pumpkin from afar as she was assigned to sit with her classmates at a designated area. She smiled and waved back at me when I managed to call her and caught her attention.


The kiddos were freed to check out the different stalls at the canteen and our little pumpkin came back empty handed as she said that she prefers to have her own packed snacks and not ready to buy anything yet. They were then led back to their classrooms and finished up their session. 

All parents were then told that we can leave and wait outside the school for their kiddos. I was anxiously waiting for little pumpkin to be out but after seeing most of the classmates that came out, I informed the teacher that she is nowhere in sight. They sent someone to look for her and finally found her at the bus bay. Reason was she mentioned that she will be taking school bus but did not inform that her parents are waiting for her outside the school gate… hahahaahah… well, we managed to stop her from boarding the bus and brought her home successfully. 😊

 

What a day and it was indeed a fruitful day for all of us. Little pumpkin, we wish you all the best in your new chapter of life and may you be happy at school and be able to learn stuff and make more friends. We love you so much and may the good Lord bless you with wisdom as you embark this new chapter.

No comments: