Tuesday 5 January 2021

Second Day Of School For Little Pumpkin

After she returned from school yesterday, she told us how fun school was to her and she had managed to make new friends. She even gave us details on what her form teacher told them and the rules of the school as well as the surroundings of the school. 

This morning, she managed to wake up quite fast and started to prepare herself for school. She watched how her elder sister got ready and tried to do the same. As she is still new to school, she was not able to put on her uniform independently. She was all excited and came to the kitchen area to check out her snacks and food for the day.

I put aside some food which we cooked last night for dinner and heat them up for them to bring it to school for their recess. At the same time, she chose her own items for her snack too.

 

I am happy that the girls were prepared and had some spare time to wait for their school bus. This would be little pumpkin’s first ride on the school bus. She is filled with excitement when her elder sister advised her on what she can and cannot do onboard the bus.

 

As I watched and waved goodbye as the girls boarded the bus, I felt a sense of detachment from little pumpkin. It was hard to accept that she has grown and had to leave my side for school though it is just for half the day. I did not feel what I felt today when I sent her to her Pre-school as she was still ‘labelled’ as a baby but today, it is different, she has started her next chapter of life.

 

I love you so much little pumpkin! I wish you have a great time at school making new friends and learning new things.

No comments: