Thursday 9 January 2020

The Moment My Heart Sank

Weekly I send Lady Faith for her Creative Writing tuition at the nearby Mall and I will park her at the center and set off to run my errands during that 2 hours.

While I was done with my ‘ME’ time at Starbucks, I received a call from the tuition center when I was about to head to the supermarket. The teacher spoke to me and told me that Lady Faith injured her hand when the table fell on her. I was shocked to her the news and rushed to the center immediately.

When I arrived, Lady Faith came out of the classroom crying and grabbing her hand painfully. I took a look at her finger and the teacher told me the how the accident happened. Lady Faith sat at the edge of the table while they had a Q&A session when she placed her hands on the table and attempted to hop. That was when the table gave way and slammed onto her fingers when she fell with the table.

It happened in a spilt second and Lady Faith started cry as the bruise on her finger gave out the signal of PAIN!!! The teacher hurried to nurse her with cold pad and followed up with a phone call to me. I was standing there looking at the fingers and my heart felt for her too but I remained calm to assure her that everything will be alright.

I calmed her down and told her to get back to class since she can still sit and listen but not doing the writing. The teacher was surprised that I sent Lady Faith back to class but I told him that I had some marketing to do and will return to pick her up as soon as I am done. I looked really calm but I tell you, I am shaking inside!

Upon seeing Lady Faith walked back to the classroom with her teachers and friends, I dashed straight to the supermarket and sped up my marketing needs. Within 15 minutes, I am done and I rushed back to the center and picked up Faith. At that moment, I felt a little bad as I forced her back to the classroom even though she was in so much pain. She did not complain but told me that she will bear the pain till we get home to nurse her.

As soon as we stepped into the house, I quickly took the cold pad to nurse her bruise once again and cleaned up her wounds before I applied the lemongrass oil on her finger. We wanted to bring her to the doctor but she said she will be fine.

Before she went to bed, I applied the lemongrass oil on her finger once again as I learnt that the oil will heal bruise and hopefully she will gets better tomorrow.  

No comments: