Tuesday 21 January 2020

My New Yorker


I have many friends who left Singapore for work or starting a family overseas and I am glad that today, I am finally meeting up with one of my close buddies who returned from New York for CNY.

It’s been a while since we last met, and I was disappointed with myself for not being able to attend her farewell party and sending her off at the airport due to personal matters. She has been my friend when I entered primary school. Though we were not close till we were in P5, I was happy that we make our friendship work.

We became closer when we were in our secondary school and were in the same class till, we graduate. We had so many beautiful memories together and I would consider her as a friend whom I shared my school life with. I invited her to be my master of ceremony (Chinese speaking though she isn’t perfect) for our wedding and I was glad that she did coz’ she made the party more fun than the usual dinner we have been to.

When I learnt that she is back to Singapore via FB, I was really thrilled and booked her schedule so that we can meet. I was really happy to meet her after 3 years or so and we did not loose touch. It was like good old days when we met, and our topics never run short.

I was glad that Theresa and Hairon were able to join us as she misses them too. I wished we could do a bigger gathering, but time isn’t on our side as she will be in town for only a week plus and it’s CNY period so, family time is more important to her.
Well, I am happy and blessed to spend some time with her at least and I am sure we will be able to meet again soon in the near future.

Take care Marion and miss you!

No comments: