Friday 24 January 2020

CNY Reunion Dinner


It has always been a yearly affair that we have our family reunion dinner at my Gujie’s place but this year, we decided to host it at our place instead. We prepared most of the ingredients for our yearly family steamboat and cousin bought the yusheng to save us from queuing. 😊

Everyone arrived early or on time and we started our dinner with Yusheng. As we tossed, wishes, greetings and blessings were spoken and even the kiddos involved too. This is one of my favourite moments for CNY and always looking forward to it. 😊
As some of us were helping to clear the Yusheng, the others were cooking the steamboat ingredients to save some waiting time as the kiddos should be getting hungry. We were thankful for the contribution of a fantastic spread of food on the table and they are a real table of plenty. 😉

This year, I am glad that we hosted the reunion dinner at our place as I was able to prepare more desserts for everyone. I made the jelly cheesecake which I eventually became part of the celebration. Baked the cake for both Florence and Brian who are celebrating their birthdays in end Jan and early Feb. Since my birthday also falls on Feb, we celebrated together. I am happy that everyone enjoyed the desserts and the jelly cheesecake.
Thanks for coming over to our nest for reunion dinner everyone and see you tomorrow!

No comments: