Wednesday 15 January 2020

Ondeh Ondeh Tarts


Many have heard or tried Ondeh Ondeh and lately, it is a trend to transform these traditional goodies into cupcakes, cakes or jelly. I too was trying something new and decided to bake Ondeh Ondeh Tarts instead.

I would consider myself as someone who is not good at making pastries and this time, it took me a long time to perfect the tarts. The ingredients are easy to make but the tart pastries are difficult for me. I checked out the recipes for pastries and I am glad that I managed to pull through.

The most tedious part of making these tarts were having to fill the tarts without having the pastries hardened. I took about 40 minutes to complete them and put them into the oven. I have never felt so helpless when it comes to baking but this time, I felt lost! Hahahaahah…

After putting them into the oven, I patiently waited for the oven to beep. When I removed them out from the oven, I was really happy how pretty they turned out. My little tester Lady Faith was the first to taste and she gave me a big thump up and told me that it was so yummy! Mum tested it and gave me a thump up too and I was overjoyed that all hard work has paid off as it turned out delicious!
I packed them into little bottles as a treat to some special friends whom I will be meeting and hoped that they too will enjoy them as much as we did at home.  😊

No comments: