Saturday 25 January 2020

Gong Xi Fa Cai


Woohoo!!! It is a brand-new year once again! We have entered the Year of the Rat and let us hope it will be a smooth and good year ahead!

Mum woke up early this morning to prepare the vegetarian dish for our luncheon later at cousin’s place and the delicious smell of this dish woke me up too. Vegetarian dish is one of mum’s signature and a MUST-HAVE for CNY. It has been a tradition I guess but I cannot leave this dish out yearly and I can eat that almost everyday as it is soooooooooooooo GOOD!

We set off to Cousin BG’s place and she was still busy in the kitchen when we arrived. This year, we have the pleasure to include Rosana to join us and she prepared her signature pan fried wantons too. BG prepared most of the dishes and Florence prepared by favorite dish yearly and I really thanked her for that. 😊 The dish that she prepared (pan-fried chikku) reminds me of my late aunty always and I would want to include her dish in our CNY lunch just to remember her. 
This year, it is pretty much unlike the past. We used to visit my uncle after luncheon at BG’s place yearly but this year, there is no need to visit as my uncle passed on last year…. Anyway, I hope we can continue to the tradition of visitation to family or extended families during CNY so that we can at least meet up once yearly to catch up with each other.
After the luncheon, we headed down to Singapore Shopping Centre for another party. This year, there is no house visitation but a gathering at a rented office instead. Leslie’s cousin kindly arranged the gathering and ordered the food for everyone. It was a cozy room where it was able to house about 40 pax and some were chilling outside the room.
Though the kiddos only get to meet their cousins once every year, I was happy to see them being able to hangout together and seemed like they get along very well with each other though not too close. 😊 CNY is one of the occasions where you bring families together and catching up with people whom you do not meet often.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous New Year!

No comments: