Sunday 26 January 2020

Cousins From Down Under


It is almost impossible to meet up with my cousin from my mum’s side of the family as they are currently living in Melbourne Australia. We visited Melbourne last December but did not have the chance to meet up due to their school schedules and commitments.

I am happy to learn from Claudine (cousin-in-law) that they will be in town for CNY and will be able to visit my mum. My mum was so excited when I told her about the visitation. It is the 2nd day of CNY and she was excited to meet my cousins and their kids. She told me to prepare some goodies for them so it will be nice to keep them feeling at home.

When they arrived at my place, I introduced our kids to theirs as this is the first time that they meet. Somehow, they hit off very well and went off to play with my kids in their room. My uncle and cousins being first time visitors to my house, we gladly showed them around.

It was nice to see my mum catching up with her younger brother as she was not able to meet my uncle due to the Covid-19 situation. Though it is not so serious in Singapore compared to China, we must be cautious about the virus too.

It was great to catch up with my cousin and we managed to learn more about their lives in Australia. I do hope to meet them again perhaps in Melbourne or Singapore soon. 😊

Thank you for dropping by today!

No comments: