Monday 14 January 2019

Farewell Dinner For Saito-San

Saito-san was supposed to be in Singapore as a replacement for Yatomi-san but we were left with no bosses for about three months due to his employment pass issue. During that time, I was already planning to quit but at the same time, feeling bad as it will not be nice to quit when the new boss arrives.

I am happy that I had the privilege to work with him for at least a good few months before I handed him my resignation. I remembered working alongside with him was pretty simple and no pressure at all. He always allows us to work independently and try to solve our problems with us if we encountered any.

I received the news from my ex-colleagues that he will be returning to Japan end of this month and I am really happy and honored to be invited to his farewell dinner. Jessica, kindly booked the Chui Hua Lim Teochew Restaurant for this occasion and I really had no idea that this restaurant existed! Hahahaahah…

I only knew it when I took the cab and the driver actually told me that this restaurant is pretty famous and popular amongst the Teochew people. The restaurant is really huge – with 2 levels of super spacious dinning halls and private rooms available. 
We were given a private room with KTV system and the room was freezing cold. We started to key in as many songs as we can to the system so that we can enjoy both music and dinner at the same time. We also had a few rounds of singing and the craziest part of the evening was… everyone stood up and dance! Hahaahahahaha…. 
Everyone went crazy including boss and we turned the cozy private room into a mini disco with all the dancing music. It was so fun and hilarious at the same time but who cares right… this is all about having fun together and make memories stays in your heart forever.

Thank you, Saito-san, for giving the opportunity to bid you farewell and wishing you all the best in your new assignment.

No comments: