Monday 30 December 2013

Year End Feasting With Best Buds

We were so tied up during the Christmas Season that we missed the opportunity to celebrate the festival together this year. However, we will not let the year end without meeting up for a good feast!!!

Theresa booked Basilico at The Regent Singapore for us and I was really excited to visit as I heard so much about it but yet to try. The restaurant is really classy and the spread was VERY GOOD (for someone who loves cheese, ham and other appetizers).

Hairon and I were early and we decided to start eating since the rest were late due to losing track of time while shopping. I was happy to see lots of different types of cheese, ham platters, rock melons, salads etc… it was an amazing spread indeed. Without hesitation, I took almost a whole ball of buffalo mozzarella cheese with Parma ham and their super sweet rock melon. It was truly heavenly!

Though it was buffet style but it only includes one main course for each diner. We decided to order different mains so that we can try all of them. The risotto was not too bad but I preferred the Wayu beef which was really tasty and juicy!

Before heading for desserts, we took a breather and had a short X’mas gift exchange session and it was really nice to receive souvenirs of Holland from Tricia who travelled recently. It was really sweet of her for remembering us even during her holidays.
The desserts spread were simply fantastic! I was really confused as there were too many types of desserts I want to try but the space I had in me was limited! Though I was so stuffed, I managed to have my favourite bread & butter pudding which was a champion! Totally DELICIOUS!

It was indeed an enjoyable and fun gathering as usual with lots of laughter! Wishing my best buds a Happy and Blessed New Year ahead! Love you guys to bits!

No comments: