Saturday 14 December 2013

MC Dinner & Dance 2013

This has been a yearly affair that everyone looks forward to and I am happy to be able to attend this event after two years of absence due to family vacation.

Back to School, theme for this year’s D&D is one of my favourite themes. In addition to that, it will be the last D&D for our beloved GM and it will be an honour to receive the 20th Years Long Service Award from him.

When we arrived at Parkroyal on Pickering, the venue for our event this year, I was really happy to see many colleagues dressed up as students. Being a proud student of my school, I wore my school uniform too and many of them were happy to know that I was wearing a REAL uniform compared to some.

After the opening speech from the ‘Principal Yasuno’, the party officially began with a bang. Started off with a fantastic MTV by Philip (D&D committee chairman) and montage of pictures of school days, we followed up with the Long Service Award. My name was the first to be called and it was really such a great joy to receive this hard earned award from Yasuno-san whom I had high respect for.
The dinner began with ice-breaker game where it made everyone move around the packed ballroom to get their missing puzzles. It was great fun and it indeed brought everyone on their toes. Great Job!
After the first performance by our very own staff, we thoroughly enjoyed the entertainment session by this lady who called herself ‘Dim Sum’. She was really hilarious and her segment certainly brought the house down. There was loads of laughter with every move she made with her volunteers on stage. Totally entertaining!!!
When it came to the best dressed session, my name was called out to be on stage as one of the contestants. We were asked to do sexy dance moves for that segment and yes, I went all out to do so… haahahahaah… just for the fun of it! I really thank all my ‘fans’ and supporters for clapping so loud for me that won me the Best Dressed for 2013! Hahaahahaahah….
Though I was eyeing for the I-pad Air as one of the lucky draw prizes, my number wasn’t called… guess I have to buy that out of my own pocket… overall, I think the committee especially Philip has done such a great job to put this event together. Thumps UP!

No comments: