Friday 30 August 2013

Viva Italia!

One of my buddies posted and commented on the Italian restaurant she visited on Instragam and I thought it will be great to add to my list.

I checked out the restaurant on the web and found that the owner is a local Chinese and somehow also known as a celebrity chef in Singapore. With this information given on the web and the good reviews from my buddy, we were all set to give it a shot. Pietro, here we come…

Upon on our arrival a Friday evening, I was actually quite turned off by the chef himself when he greeted us in Mandarin saying: ‘Lai Lai, Jin Lai Zuo’!! Wah lao eh… Immediately I thought I was entering a Zi Char Kopitam!!!

When we were led to our indoor seat, I thought the atmosphere was somehow different. It was really cozy and homely with pictures of him taken with many local celebrities. The restaurant also has a small stage where they hire a singer to entertain the guest. Interesting but I thought it was quite cheesy for an Italian restaurant.

Now the food, we ordered the Parma Ham with melon as our starter, their signature squid ink pasta which was super YUMMY! The presentation wasn’t great but it tasted heavenly! Following slowly was the duck meat risotto which was really good though I didn’t think Duck meat makes good pasta but it definitely changed my point of view after that.

Hubby decided to order the French Baby Chicken which was one of their specialities for tonight. The chicken smelt really good when it arrived on our table… it was covered with herbs and the meat was tasty too.
This is one good casual restaurant that we can drop by for friends’ gathering and perhaps for family dinner.

No comments: