Friday 16 August 2013

Dinner At La Barca

I chanced upon this restaurant on my buddy’s post on Instagram and I checked with her if the restaurant is worth the visit. She told me that it’s definitely worth the visit and she is very confident that I will enjoy every bit of it.

I decided to try out the restaurant on a Friday night with hubby since both of us are big fan of Italian food. La Barca located at the corner in National Arts School around Mountbatten Road. When we arrived, the restaurant was pretty quiet with only a few tables filled. After settling down, we browsed through the menu and decided to order the dishes that Theresa recommended.

We ordered the baked eggplant as our appetizer; squid ink risotto, seafood pasta and the Kobe beef as our main. The eggplant was delicious…. It tasted soft on the side and little crispy on the sides as it was baked. Our favourite would be the seafood pasta as it was different and the pasta was al-dente. The squid ink risotto was pretty good too but somehow I thought the sauce was a little sweet… not sure why but guess they added slightly more sugar???

When our Kobe Beef was served, my appetite rose at the first sight. It looked extremely alluring and YES, it was truly tasty! It was juicy and the meat was so tender… simply brilliant! By the time, we finished our main, we hardly had any rooms for desserts but the waitress was so kind that she served us some cookies as our desserts with compliments.

This is a wonderful experience and I am sure I will be back with my boss soon. I am very sure he is gonna love this place as much as I do!!!

No comments: