Monday 26 August 2013

Carrot Cake

Carrot Cake… mmmh…. Do you mean Cai Dao Kway? That was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard that my cousin got that for my aunt’s birthday! She laughed and gently said that it was a cake that is called ‘Carrot Cake’.

At that moment, I was really puzzled why would anyone name a cake ‘Carrot Cake’… and realized that it was made with carrot, walnut and cinnamon. I tried and did not really like it though.

My buddy Rie is quite a fan of carrot cakes and since I have been into baking lately, she actually requested me to bake her carrot cake someday. So, after getting one of the easiest recipes from web, I finally got down to bake it. It wasn’t that difficult but pretty troublesome as I had to chop all the carrots which was the main ingredient for the cake.
The cake turned out pretty well and I iced it with cream cheese but I admitted that I totally failed for cake decoration… brought it to office and everyone enjoyed it pretty much… Yippy!

No comments: