Sunday 18 August 2013

Faith’s MRT Ride

On a rare Sunday afternoon while hubby was in church for some activities, I brought Faith to mum’s place via MRT. It wasn’t her first ride on the train and she seemed to enjoy the ride each time I bring her.

She was seated on the Reserved Seat and asking me about many things about the train… examples… why are there so many people on the train during this time, why isn’t there enough seats for everyone and how long more will we arrive at Por Por’s place etc…
During our ride, I had the opportunity to give up my seat to an elderly lady and I shared the seat with Faith. She went again…

Faith : “mummy, you gave your seat to Por Por?”
Me : “Yes sweetheart, Por Por needs to sit, so I share with you okie”.
Faith : “Sure, I will sit on your lap and as I want mummy to sit too”.

It was quite a good opportunity to teach her how to give up seats to those who need it more than us. I do hope she will put it to practice when she grows up.

When we were about to alight the train, she turned to the elderly lady bidding her goodbye and it was really nice to see the elderly’s lightened up with a warm smile.

No comments: